What is Spirox Latera ™ by Nathan E. Nachlas, MD
Meet Nathan E. Nachlas, MD – one of South Florida’s best nose Doctors and a pioneer in the Total Nose Approach™.
From the beginning of his practice in Boca Raton in 1987, Nathan E. Nachlas, MD has been working to improve the field of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, and nasal and sinus surgery. He is one of the first surgeons to perform the Spirox Latera ™ simple procedure, and he continues to be the sinus surgeon with the greatest clinical experience in the field.
Nathan E. Nachlas, MD is double-board certified, by both the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He completed his general surgery residency at Yale University, and then a second residency in otolaryngology at Johns Hopkins.
Questions & Answers about Spirox Latera ™:
- Is Spirox cleared for use by the FDA? Yes
- How do I find an ENT that specializes in the Spirox procedure? Call your physician or Spirox for a physician referral in your area
- What are common symptoms of a collapsed nasal passage? Breathing obstruction that is worse when breathing in through the nose
- Does Spirox really work? Relief is usually immediate with Spirox. It works by stenting the lateral wall of the nose to reduce movement during inspiration
- Is Spirox safe? Yes. It has been studied for safety and efficacy. Currently, longer term studies are being conducted.
- What material is it made from? Spirox Latera(TM) is made of an absorbable material that dissolves over a period of 18 months
- What are the risks associated with the procedure? Infection is always a risk with any procedure, but complications are minimal with placement of Spirox Latera(TM)
- Does it hurt? The implant is rarely palable once it is placed. No pain is associated with the presence of the implant. The placement of the implant can be done under local anesthesia.
- How long does the procedure take? Placement of the implant typically takes less than one minute on either side
- What are patients saying about Spirox? In the appropriately selected patient, relief of nasal obstruction is almost immediate. Patients are very satisfied with the procedure.
- What are physicians saying about Spirox? This is a significant advance in treating patients with a minimally invasive option for strengthening the lateral nasal wall
- What is the down time after surgery? There is no downtime following the placement of Spirox Latera(TM). Patients resume normal activites immediately
- Is the procedure done under local or general anesthesia? As a stand alone procedure, it can be done either under local or general anesthesia. It also can be combined with other procedures.
Request a Consultation Today!
Request a Consultation Today!
In The News:
- Spirox Announces First US Cases with Minimally Invasive Device for Lateral Cartilage Support in Patients with Nasal Valve Collapse, a Major Cause of Nasal Obstruction