Sinusitis (Sinus Disease)
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the sinus membranes that can impair breathing, block drainage and cause painful congestion. It affects 37 million people each year, making it one of the most common health problems in the U.S. Sinusitis is more prevalent than arthritis and hypertension and may have a greater impact on quality of life than diabetes or congestive heart failure. Symptoms of sinusitis can significantly affect people physically, functionally and emotionally.
- Sinusitis affects approximately 16% of the adult U.S. population
- Sinusitis affects 21% of women and 16% of men each year
- Chronic sinusitis (not including acute sinusitis) results annually in an estimated 18-22 million physician office visits
- Patients with chronic sinusitis have twice as many visits to primary care doctors and five times as many pharmacy fills as patients who do not have it
- Direct healthcare expenditures due to sinusitis are over $8 billion each year
- Total restricted activity days due to sinusitis are over 73 million per year
Nathan E. Nachlas, M.D. is a double-board-certified facial plastic surgeon who completed his surgical training at Johns Hopkins and Yale. He has years of experience performing sinus procedures in Boca Raton, and he thoroughly understands the nose.
To learn more about advance sinus surgery, request a consultation with Dr. Nathan Nachlas, a facial plastic surgeon board-certified by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AFPRS) and the American Board of Otolaryngolgy (ABO). You may also call Dr. Nachlas’s office at (561) 939-0900 to schedule your appointment.